Saturday, April 25, 2009

Put Prevention First

This morning I wrote my Missouri state Representative and Senator, asking them to NOT support HCS HB 46 & 434 and SB 264. These bills make assisting a woman with obtaining an abortion a crime. This bill is too extreme for Missouri and does nothing to prevent unintended pregnancy. It intrudes on the doctor/patient relationship and ignores the standard practice of medical care already in place for abortion providers. In fact, Missouri law already requires the strictest and most detailed informed consent process for abortion; more restrictive than for any other medical procedure.

I suggested to my legislators that rather than advancing legislation that endangers the health and safety of women, that they should support the Prevention First Act (SB 329 and HB 999). I believe that this is the responsible way to support Missouri families. The Prevention First Act focuses on prevention and provides comprehensive information and education about how to stay safe and healthy.

Please join me in contacting your legislators and educate them on the Prevention First Act.

No comments:

Post a Comment